Thursday 4 November 2010

Day 4 of MOvember

Last night, I told @MOvember on twitter that today's post would be oustanding ( yesterday's lacking length and substance, maybe) but, as it turns out, today's may be even worse.
I'm extremely tired, sad and preoccupied with a dear friend's health: tired because I went out last night ( not asking for pity here) and slept very little; sad because I just heard of 11-year-old Shannon Tavarez's death from leukemia and preoccupied because it is of new pre-cancerous cells ( my friend is already an amazing cancer survivor) we are talking about here.
So no jokes today. All I want to ask of you is to discuss cancer, all cancers ( well, maybe male cancers in particular) with your loved ones and encourage them to get involved, to join the fight. Remember to mention AWARENESS, EARLY DETECTION and DONATIONS (both of cash for RESEARCH and, more importantly, of BONE MARROW)

Help save other lives. Tomorrow it could be yours in need of saving.
We are 2 days too late for Shannon and time is ticking for so many others

No comments: