Monday 9 November 2009

Day 9 of Movember


I woke up this morning to a terrible headache and bad nausea, that being part of my daily routine for the past 2 months almost to the day, but I already encountered a couple of wonderful little details that are making my day a lot brighter:
First, I got an email from a good friend of mine in Germany. I must say it wasn't a personal one but one of those that get forwarded about a million times... However, this is a beautiful one written to honor women and you cannot go wrong with that.
Then, I see this info about Movember donation figures around the world and my face lit up... We are close to €5,000,000 when it's only midday of day 9 WOOT!!! People are amazing. So much generosity in these tough times...
The figures for Ireland are very good, too, so far... More than 5,200 MO bros and sistas who have already collected + €120,000 Thank you, Ireland.
Sadly, my contribution hasn't moved since my first, and very generous, first donation but I have faith people hitting my Movember 09 photo album will eventually like something there. I've had over 200 hits in the last few days... that would make a cool €2,000 going to Movember. Remember I'm paying all printing and postage charges out of my own pocket so all your money goes to Action Prostate Cancer.
Here is the link again:
http://www.myartprofile.com/irlanda/gallery9524
Please help make my day even better

No comments: