Saturday 7 November 2009

Movember 7th... and we are up and running!!!

Hi, everyone,
First things, first: The first week of the month formerly known as November is coming to an end. Great things happening for Movember IRL, including their presence at the 'Toys 4 Bog Boys' show, taking place this weekend at the RDS in Dublin. From the time I spent with them yesterday, I gathered that many people knew about Movember already (Last year, their first in Ireland, they raised + € 364,000 for Action Prostate Cancer) so the word is out... and it's spreading!!!
I'm counting on all of you to help raise awareness on the importance of screening for early detection. It's all about saving lives... I'm also asking you to donate. The money goes to research into more efficient ways to check for prostate cancer and how to treat it, counselling and support to those affected... Please, help.
To compensate your generosity, I decided to give you something back in return:
If you donate €10 to Movember through my mospace, I'll print and send you a 8''x12'' copy of any of my 'Movember 09' pics on display here http://www.myartprofile.com/irlanda/gallery/9524 You can find all links there (any other donation amounts are also welcome) Thank you, so much.
And I would like to say a very big and very special 'thank you' to my first and generous donor: Jody Schoger. She's given me hope my idea might just work ;-)

1 comment:

Jody said...

I'm so glad to be the "first" here! I've very much admired your determination and effort for this extremely important cause. Plus, you make it fun! Your humor, caring, good nature and overall coolness are all so awesome. Thank you for all your great work.